Check out this exciting tutorial for you on how to use the brand new Siser Easy Glow to create eye-catching glow-in-the-dark designs for your projects. Whether you're attending an event with dynamic LED lighting or just want to stand out in the dark, this is the perfect way to do it. Let's get started!
Tools You'll Need Before we dive into the fun part, let's gather all the tools you'll need:
- A vinyl cutter (we'll be using the Siser Juliet).
- Rolls of Siser Easy Glow HTV.
- A weeding tool.
- A pair of scissors.
- Parchment paper or a non-stick sheet.
- Any garment to apply your transfer to.
- A heat press (we're using the HPN Signature Series 15" x 15").
- Begin by creating your artwork using design software like Adobe Illustrator or your program of choice. For this tutorial, we're using Spiral Betty, a free website for personal use that lets you spiralize and download your images.
- Import your design into Leonardo Creative Studio to adjust the sizing.
- Remember to mirror your design and select the Auto Weed option.
Cutting the Easy Glow Load your Easy Glow into your vinyl cutter, making sure the shiny side is facing down. Choose the appropriate settings for cutting Easy Glow and let the machine work its magic.
Weeding Your Design After cutting, use a weeding tool to carefully remove the excess vinyl around your design. Take your time and be gentle to avoid damaging the design.
Heat Press Setup Now, set your heat press to the recommended time, temperature, and pressure settings for Easy Glow. Typically, it's around 305 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 to 15 seconds at medium pressure.
Pressing Your Artwork Start pressing your artwork layer by layer, starting with the base. This will help you align the rest. Press each layer individually for five seconds, then cover the whole thing with parchment paper and press down for the entire 15 seconds.
Final Touch Allow the applied design to cool off for a few seconds or until it's safe to touch. Carefully peel off the carrier sheet, and voila! Your design should now be permanently adhered to the fabric.
Activate the Glow Charge the newly created design under direct light for a few minutes to activate the glow effect. Then, step into a dark room and watch the magic happen as your design comes to life with a stunning glow.
And there you have it! A simple and fun way to use Siser Easy Glow to add some luminous flair to your projects.