Customer Service Representative
We are the leading E-commerce retail company that markets and sells heat transfer equipment and supplies for the T-shirt apparel decoration and heat transfer industry. Our customers are small business owners and entrepreneurs that include t-shirt brands, custom t-shirt shops, promotional products makers, printing companies and custom sign shops. Our success lies in educating and qualifying our customers in the different products and technologies available and how best to start and/or build their businesses by recommending equipment, transfer media, etc that we make available on our website.
We offer the environment and freedom of a start-up with the stability of a profitable and growing company. We take pride in creating an exciting, challenging, and rewarding work environment that allows our employees to flourish. We believe in hard work and a fun atmosphere. We encourage employee exploration and curiosity in different functions of the business, with management that works diligently to tailor job functions specific to each of our professional's core strengths. Our most successful employees are team players, excited to learn and enthusiastic about maintaining the positive-energy-based-culture in the place they work.
We are looking for a computer savvy, technically inclined, smart, energetic, hard-working individual to pro-actively answer day-to-day calls, communicate through website live chat, and respond to emails in our customer service and sales channels. The individual should be willing and ready to work in multiple functions and departments to learn, develop, and grow within our start-up style business culture. Our company is expanding and professional growth within the organization is available.
DAILY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Educate customers over the phone about our products and determine product-based solutions to fit their needs.
- Communicate with customers via phone, live chat, and email support channels.
- Taking customer calls in order to help place orders, respond to customer inquiries, and resolve issues by offering solutions for any order issues.
- Respond to customer emails by using appropriate and professional language.
- Work effectively with vendors and shipping companies to communicate order tracking information.
- Work effectively with others in a team environment to accomplish organizational goals and to identify and resolve problems.
- Communicate with team members through Slack and video meetings.
- Assist walk-in customers who visit our office for will-call orders or showroom visits. (When in the office setting)
- Engage customers through social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, T-Shirt Forums, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
RESPONSE TO COVID-19
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has shifted the way our hiring practices and team coordinate now and for the immediate future. The individual applying, if selected, should expect a virtual interview process. The applicant must have access to a computer with a stable internet connection as well as a webcam for Zoom meetings with hiring managers. Please note that this role is currently remote as in "work-from-home" with the intent to reenter the office setting at a later date when the company has determined it reasonable to do so.
The applicant, in the time that the role is moved back into the office setting, must be prepared to follow all safety guidelines that have or will be outlined by the company including but not limited to: social distancing practices, the use of a mask at all times while working in the office environment, and abiding by all local and federal level government rules and regulations in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. If the applicant is not able to accommodate these practices, we ask that you do not apply.
- High-Speed, stable internet connection capable of running multiple cloud-based software programs efficiently including e-commerce platform Shopify and the ability to take calls with headset and mic through VOIP.
- Modern desktop/laptop or Mac capable of operating programs required to fulfill the Customer Service role.
- 2 years call center or previous retail sales/customer service experience preferred
- Ability to type 50 wpm or higher.
- Effective communicator, comfortable interacting with customers and internal partners in a professional manner in person, by phone, and chat.
- Professional in appearance, attitude, and actions.
- Must have analytical thinking skills and a highly detail-oriented personality.
- Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Drive, and Gmail experience.
- Experience working with the following software a plus but not required: Shopify, ShipStation, Zendesk, etc.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Able to work a full-time schedule during normal business hours: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday-Friday
- Hourly Base Pay
- Casual Work Environment
- Vacation, Sick Leave, and Paid Holidays
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org