The Portrait 3 is a compact machine that allows you to create DIY projects with incredible precision. From cutting labels to creating custom stickers, the Silhouette Portrait is a versatile cutting machine. With its lightweight, the Portrait 3 is also the perfect machine to take to events, craft parties, or anywhere you want to be creative.
Auto Tool Detection: The Portrait 3 simplifies your experience by automatically detecting which tool you've put in the machine and instantly adjusting your software settings.
Matless cutting capabilities: With its kiss-cut action for rolled materials, or its pop-out cutting feature for paper and cardstock, the Portrait 3 gives you the freedom to cut various material types without using a cutting mat.
Print & Cut registration capability: Create custom Print & Cut projects with your home printer, and use the Portrait to cut them out with its contour cutting feature.
Thick Material Clearance: 2mm clearance allows thicker materials like card stock, flock heat transfer vinyl, and even fabric to easily pass through the cutter.
Bluetooth Connectivity: Allows for wireless cutting through the Silhouette app. No need for a computer!
Silhouette Studio®: Free, included software that gives you limitless design options to customize your project. No need for additional software.
Computer Compatibility: The Portrait 3 is compatible with both Windows and Mac.
- Silhouette Portrait 3 Cutting Machine
- Silhouette Studio design software (download from silhouetteamerica.com)
- 50 Exclusive Cuttable Designs (via Silhouette Studio after product installation)
- All necessary operating cords (power and USB)
- Instruction manual
- One month free subscription to Club Silhouette
- Silhouette 8" Cutting Mat
- Adapter for Silhouette sketch pens
- Maximum cutting area: 8 in. x 12 in. with a cutting mat, 8 in. x 60 ft. with lined media (using a Roll Feeder)
- Matless cutting options available depending on material type. Materials with liners or backing, such as vinyl, heat transfer, and sticker sheets can be fed directly into the Portrait 3 without a cutting mat. The Portrait 3 also offers a special "Pop-out" cutting feature for paper and cardstock materials where a cutting mat is not required.
- Max media thickness: 2 mm (78.8 mils)
- Max cutting force: 210 gf
- Interface: USB 2.0 high speed / Bluetooth
- Unit dimensions: 16.2" x 5.5" x 4.4" (41.1 cm x 14 cm x 11.2 cm)
- Unit weight: 3 lbs 8 oz (1.6 kg)
- Requires Silhouette Studio® software version 4.3.341 or higher
- Minimum system requirements: Windows 8.1 or higher or Mac OS X 10.10 or higher, 2 GHz processor, 4 GB RAM, 2 GB available disk space, USB port, High speed internet connection (recommended)
The HPN MyExpert Support guarantee is our commitment to Life Time Technical Support. No matter where you are in your products life cycle, we will be here to provide support to your product and make sure you are fully covered.
Often imitated, never duplicated; our dedicated team of technicians are capable of providing support to your product at any point of its life. Whether it be during the setup process or even years down the line where troubleshooting may be required, they'll have your back and provide a solution.
Our MyExpert Support will always be there for you so you can purchase with confidence!
In addition, Silhouette machines have a one year limited warranty (which does not extend to consumables, such as the blade and cutting mat). This is covered by Silhouette America directly.
Heat Press Buyer's Guide
Know what to look for when purchasing a heat press to meet your production needs.
Vinyl Cutter Buyer's Guide
With so many features and cutter sizes, we'll help you pick the right vinyl cutter for your needs.